WE HAVE MOVED! http://oneimagination.weebly.com/

One Imagination empowers the current and next generation of leaders through written and oral expression. As a collective based in the Long Beach/South Bay area, we believe that through conscious artistic programming, community education and outreach, and leadership development, we can cultivate a world free of hatred, ignorance, injustice, inequality, and oppression.





Sunday, December 30, 2007

Goodbye America...

Hello Kampuchea!

I will be gone until January 17th, but starting on the New Year I will update everyone as much as I can through this blog about my progress in Cambodia. In the meantime, please check out TINY TOONES @ http://www.tinytoonescambodia.com . KK, the person who runs this grass roots organization, is a native to Long Beach. Upon becoming a "deportee" he took street kids and taught them how to breakdance, only on one condition: Education! He would give them free dance lessons within his own home only if they stayed away from drugs and willingly learned English from one of the instructors. The organization is still running and I am going to meet with him and another dancer I invited from Seattle, WA so they can teach the kids from the NGO (non-government organization) I worked with last year how to breakdance. To see the NGO, please check this website: http://www.cchcambodia.org/ Anyways, I haven't gotten any sleep yet so I will let everyone know my whereabouts. Thank you!

CREATIVITY AS A CATALYST FOR NOT ONLY SELF-EXPRESSION BUT HEALING AND EMPOWERMENT! WOOHOOOO!

.Jumakae

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Farewell for now!
Long Beach will miss you :]