WE HAVE MOVED! http://oneimagination.weebly.com/

One Imagination empowers the current and next generation of leaders through written and oral expression. As a collective based in the Long Beach/South Bay area, we believe that through conscious artistic programming, community education and outreach, and leadership development, we can cultivate a world free of hatred, ignorance, injustice, inequality, and oppression.





Monday, April 5, 2010

1i POEM OF THE DAY: Bodies and Thoughts and Sunsets by Abrielle Parker

Bodies and Thoughts and Sunsets

“I like my body when it is with your body.” – E. E. Cummings

I want to write a poem.
I’ve been wanting to write a poem,
about how it feels to have a person’s
lips against mine.
And I wouldn’t give a damn at all if their lips
were chapped, sliced,
caked with Vaseline.
I’ve just been wanting to write a poem,
with fiery words about how someone
can hold you so tight
and it’ll all be alright.
I’ve heard it is such
a high.
And I’ve just wanted to write a poem
just one poem about the man,
older, he would know,
he rents me my videos,
he would give me the words for my poem when
our lips could meet, and my insides could twist.
I could be sick in the greatest way.
I could write my poem of how it felt
to finally be kissed.
to finally,
be touched,
to finally have those perfect words
of a poem,
bliss.

written by Abrielle Parker


Join us on Saturday, April 10th, 6-10PM at Catalyst Space, 430 E. 1st Street, in Long Beach to watch Abrielle and the other youth from Our Word is Our Weapon perform!

1 comments:

Carissa said...

I love the poem, it's so feeling! <3