WE HAVE MOVED! http://oneimagination.weebly.com/

One Imagination empowers the current and next generation of leaders through written and oral expression. As a collective based in the Long Beach/South Bay area, we believe that through conscious artistic programming, community education and outreach, and leadership development, we can cultivate a world free of hatred, ignorance, injustice, inequality, and oppression.





Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Towards Land, Work, and Power: Charting A Path Of Resistance To U.S. -Led Imperialism

How many of you have ever gotten thru "Capital" by Karl Marx? I know I haven't, and I am well aware that I need to read more and discuss more to develop a better understanding and analysis of capitalism. But I feel like a lot of these books are over my head... I may be "educated" in the sense that I do have a college degree, but school didn't really teach me how to study and analyze. Plus, I want something that I can concretely apply to my community and there is a huge disconnect between theory/academia and practice/community.

Recently, a friend of mine turned me on to a book that is easy to read and accessible, that breaks down some of these concepts that I'm familiar with but that I feel I really need to understand better. By having an analysis, I can push myself to be more of an organizer who is strategic in my approach than as an activist who usually reactively jumps from issue to issue as they rise up. I wanted to share that book with all of you, so here it is:


Towards Land, Work & Power:
Charting A Path Of Resistance To U.S. -Led Imperialism

I encourage you all to purchase it, read it. You can even pull together a group of your friends to study it and discuss (I highly encourage this). Understanding the political and economic system is key to us challenging the power structure and creating an alternative vision where all people's needs are met and where all people are free.

Respect and dignity for all,
soul.in.my.fist
One Imagination

0 comments: